How can hydrogen help make Poland independent from fossil fuels?
17.05.2022 | 15:45-16:45
ECONOMIC AND BUSINESS BLOCK
According to the European climate law, by 2050 the member states of the European Union are to achieve the state of climate neutrality. To do this, Poland and other EU countries must give up or minimise the use of fossil fuels. This is a huge challenge, especially for Poland, where almost 3/4 of the electricity production is based on the use of fossil fuels.
During the debate, experts will discuss the role of hydrogen in the energy transition, its costs and what short-term and long-term benefits it will bring, taking into account today’s geopolitical situation.
Michał Tarka, Partner, Head of the ENERGY TEAM in SMM Legal
- Grzegorz Jóźwiak, Director, Alternative Fueals Department, PKN Orlen S.A.
- Piotr Woźny - ZE PAK S.A.
- Piotr Pustoszkin, ALSTOM
- dr Aleksander Sobolewski, Institute for Chemical Processing of Coal
- Agnieszka Spirydowicz, President of the Zgorzelec Cluster of Renewable Energy Development and Energy Efficiency – Zklaster
- Mateusz Sołtysiak, MANAGING PARTNER, SES HYDROGEN S.A.
- Bartosz Moszowski, Director of the NITROSYNCAT Research and Development Centre at the Łukasiewicz Research Network − New Chemical Syntheses Institute.