Valleys and hydrogen hubs in Poland – today and in 10 years.
18.05.2022 | 14:30-15:30
Hydrogen valleys and hubs are local initiatives through which the local hydrogen economy is implemented in various countries. In practice, we can define three business models of hydrogen valleys in Europe and in the world. In Poland, we have set ourselves very ambitious goals related to the organisation of hydrogen valleys. The Polish Hydrogen Strategy mentions the creation of 5 hydrogen valleys, but at the moment we already have 7 such initiatives announced to the public, and we know that there are more and more new initiatives. This situation is far from the model created, for example, by the valleys organised by the European Hydrogen Valleys. Hydrogen valleys in Poland can be an important element in creating a hydrogen economy, however, we must find solutions that integrate the activities of individual valleys and protect against ‘cannibalisation’ of activities and competition for access to financial resources.
Tomasz Pelc, Nexus Consultants Sp. z o.o.
- Ireneusz Zyska, Secretary of State, Government Plenipotentiary for Renewable Energy Sources
- Jacek Bogusławski, Member of the Board of the Wielkopolska Region
- Beata Szymanowska, Plenipotentiary of the Management Board of the Company for the implementation of the hydrogen programme, Manager of the Research and Technology Development Department, Port of Gdynia Authority S.A.
- Walerian Majewski, Coordinator of the Pomeranian Hydrogen Valley
- Łukasz Gałczyński, Member of the Supervisory Board of ARP S.A., acting Vice-President of the Management Board
- Agnieszka Jakubiak, PhD Eng., Operational expert of the Section of Internal Experts, National Centre for Research and Development